Seven children injured in fireworks display

SAHIWAL: Seven children suffered burns on Sunday when a heap of crop residue caught fire because of fireworks being displayed on arrival of a wedding party at Gobandpur, Pakpattan.

Eyewitnesses said the wedding party (baraat) of Chaudhry Naseeb’s daughter arrived at the village and some guests displayed fireworks as a result a fire erupted in crop residue lying nearby. Consequently, Adnan, Ayan, Rehan, Qurban, Shahzeb, Qurban and Abdul Waheed suffered burns.

Rescue 1122 shifted the children to Pakpattan DHQ Hospital from where two of them were referred to Jinnah Hospital, Lahore, due to non-availability of burns unit.

Published in Dawn, November 26th, 2018